Who is a candidate for facelift surgery ?
- Have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- Have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- Have developed facial and neck wrinkles
- Think they have a tired facial appearance.
Intended Result of facelift
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- There are many types of facelifts / rhytidectomy like full facelift , short scar facelift , MACS lift , mid face lift etc. Procedure time and cost depends upon which type of facelift is chosen.
- Facelift is done on day care basis under local anesthesia with sedation or under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are started within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, and extend down around the lobe. The incisions end in or below the hairline behind the ear.
- Once the incision is made, the subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is redraped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
Recuperation and Healing after rhytidectomy
- Patients go home with their heads and necks wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Minimal initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- All sutures are removed within 10 days. Bruising and swelling decrease to “socially acceptable” levels in 10 to 20 days.
- The final result is evident in four to six weeks or sooner, with continued improvement for several months.